For Ellevio, sustainability is an important part of the business and is considered in every decision we make. We view sustainability as a balance between financial, social and environmental responsibility and the basic work involves ensuring that we comply with strict requirements and expectations in all of these areas.
Our closest stakeholders are our customers, employees, shareholders, investors, contractors, suppliers of products and services, government agencies, policy-makers, the media, organisations within the energy sector, stakeholder organisations and the local communities in which we operate.
Through collaboration and cooperation, we are able to understand the expectations our most important stakeholders have of us, and we are able to share our knowledge and offer our viewpoints. By means of surveys and meetings, and by following public debates in society, we gain an additional understanding of what is expected of us, and this allows us to advance our industry's development in the right direction.
Our sustainability targets
Ellevio has a number of overarching, long-term sustainability targets, which guides us in our will to drive and develop our operations in a sustainable and responsible manner. By 2023, we are to have achieved the following:
- Sustainability will be an integral part of our business processes and organisation, and our strong results will be noted externally. There will be a high level of awareness about our environmental and climate impact and we will be a driving force behind the energy transition, which involves a reduced carbon footprint and a positive contribution to counteracting climate change.
- Our safety culture will be well-established at the company and everywhere out in the field. This will lead to improved safety and will bring us closer to our “zero vision” for accidents. Our proactive efforts relating to safety analysis, safety requirements and implementation of effective and functional solutions will protect our assets, information and staff.
- Our customers will see us as reliable, committed and sustainable. In addition to a reliable supply of electricity, our customers will be offered a digital platform that enables efficiency enhancements. Our customers will value the fact that we encourage and drive the transition forward to a fossil-free society and show how they too can make more of a contribution.
- Investments will be prioritised to ensure the very best security of supply for our customers. All investments will be conducted as efficiently as possible. We will have reduced the risk of long power outages. Automisation and remote management of the network will have increased and the fault repair process will be more efficient. The total amount of connected renewable energy production in Ellevio’s electricity network will have increased significantly.
- We will be an attractive company and the first choice of experienced engineers, highly qualified employees, managers and recent graduates. We will be an inclusive company where diversity leads to success. We will live up to our values, respect each other and our external stakeholders and will have created an environment free from discrimination.
Managing sustainability and Code of Conduct
Ellevio’s business operates as a monopoly, which means we have a profound responsibility to the wider community. It is important that we live up to the demands and expectations of our customers and other stakeholders, as we want to earn their trust. The way we should conduct ourselves is described in our Code of Conduct. Varied training courses, workplace meetings and internal audits ensure that the Code of Conduct is followed.
To qualify as a contractor or major material supplier, we apply extensive sustainability requirements that we specify in a special Code of Conduct for suppliers
Both Ellevio’s Code of Conduct and the special Code for suppliers are based on the UN Global Compact’s ten principles and contains clear requirements relating to human rights, labour law, the environment and anti-corruption.