In autumn a huge project will get under way to improve the electricity network around Askim, Hovås and Billdal on the West Coast. In total Ellevio is constructing nearly 100 km of power lines and approximately 120 new secondary sub-stations.
- This will make a big difference for all who live in the area, says Anders Östlund, who is the Ellevio area manager.
Ellevio have launched a record investment to improve, modernise and expand the electricity network around the country. Altogether these are projects totalling over SEK 9 billion during 2016-2019, of which investments in Halland account for about SEK 700 million. Ellevio has approximately 62,000 customers in the area, which extends from northern Varberg up to Mölndal and Öckerö and includes remote archipelago, as well as rural and growing urban areas.
- We have an exciting journey ahead of us with many big projects. The network we are building now will ensure that those who live and work in our areas have a reliable electricity supply in the future, says Anders Östlund of Ellevio.
One of the larger projects is planned around Askim, Billdal and Hovås, south of Gothenburg. Much of the electricity network in the area has reached the end of its service life and needs to be replaced. A total of just over 100 km of new lines will provide a better electricity supply for about 9,000 customers.
- It feels good to take an overall approach in the area. This is one of the largest and most important projects we are undertaking at the moment, says Anders Östlund.
- The customers in the area have had some problems with power outages. Parts of the network are getting older and it is time to modernise. There are also some stretches of uninsulated overhead lines that are sensitive to the weather and wind, and along the west coast it can be very windy. Now we are in principle replacing all overhead lines with cables in the ground, and it will make a huge difference for everyone in the area, says Anders Östlund.
The project is estimated to about SEK 100 million. It will start in the autumn of 2016 and is expected to last for about two years.
The project in numbers:
- We are replacing 57 km of uninsulated low-voltage lines with cables in the ground.
- We are also replacing 40 km of uninsulated medium-voltage lines with cables in the ground.
- We are replacing 10 pole transformers and 110 secondary sub-stations with about 120 new secondary sub-stations.
Several other major projects are also under way in the area. Including on the southern islands of the Gothenburg archipelago, in Holme-Torkelstorp, Vallda and Sätila. We will also modernise and replace major stations that are important nodes in the grid. Amongst other things, the switchgear in Rantorp (Lindome), Holmagärde (Varberg) and Väröbacka will be rebuilt. On ellevio.se/projekt there is more information on most of our past, present and future projects.
For more information, please contact:
Jonatan Björck, press officer Ellevio, 072-56 15 416