If you have had an outage for a continuous period of 12 hours or longer you are generally entitled to outage compensation. If the power returns for a shorter period than two hours during the outage time it is still counted as a continuous period. If the time between interruptions is longer than two hours it is counted as a separate interruption. The interruption period starts when Ellevio has been notified of the interruption.
Normally you do not need to apply for compensation. The sum will be deducted automatically from one of your coming invoices. You should have received the compensation within three to six months.
Outage compensation will not be paid if:
- the customer has not fulfilled its obligation, which means that the power has been disrupted or that power has been disrupted because of a request from the customer
- the outage has been caused by the customer’s negligence
- the power transmission must be interrupted due to security issues or in order to maintain good operation and delivery
- the interruption is not within Ellevio’s responsibility
- the interruption is due to a fault in the backbone network